Saturday, October 27, 2012

Friend Interview!! [[Erin]]


             Today I'm interviewing my best friend forever, Erin. Erin and I have known each other for... well, it seems like I've always known her, but in reality we met about 8-going-on-9 years ago. We jokingly like to say our friendship was "forced upon us", because my mom babysat her at my house twice a week, so we had no choice but to hang out! Erin is most definitely like a sister to me. 

            We have shared so many things... from being awkward middle schoolers who built scenery and performed plays in my garage, to Erin's graduation ceremony and open house... (still can't believe it!) We've had hundreds of sleepovers full of photoshoots, boy-talk, and makeovers. We love to dance and sing karaoke together. We love to act and make movies. We shop at the mall together, and we walk at the park. We've literally grown up with each other, and we've pushed and pulled each other through. With Erin, you always know that she's not being fake. She is who she is, and she's not afraid of that. That's something I admire about her. I truly enjoyed reading her responses to my interview questions, and I think you'll enjoy them as well. Some of them are funny, some of them are serious... but they're all completely Erin. :)
Your Life:

- Tell me three words that describe who you are, and why you choose those words. My Own Person. It’s pretty self-explanatory. I have my own style, my own personality, my own life, that is influenced, but not driven by other people and their perception of me. I find I am always happier when I go my own way, instead of trying to do everything right by society. I have also learned to surround myself with people of similar a similar mindset, and we help each other by being examples of godly, independent people

- Tell me about your family. What is your position in your family like? (Like, how is it being the youngest in the family?)
I am the youngest of five kids...by a lot. My brother is ten years older than me, so, for all intents and purposes, I was basically an only child. My siblings are from a previous marriage, so, even when they were young enough to still live at home, they didn’t live with me, and by the time I was old enough to care, they had grown up and moved out, and started creating their own lives. My parents are wonderful people. I thank God every day for allowing me to be born into such a loving family. they’re not sentimental, but they still make it known that I am loved. As the youngest, and pretty much by myself all the time, I became very self-sufficient. to this day, some of my favorite activities are just to be alone to think, or, when I was little, to go in my room, shut the door and play with barbies. My parents are like me, very quiet and content to be so, and therefore, I was granted my privacy. 
Taken at the mall photobooth

- What is your favorite thing about where you live?
I live right across the street from our local library. Books and movies any time I want them! Woohoo! Also, I live in an old beach community, full of small houses and lots of walking paths. Though the fun shops and tourist atmosphere is gone, the small-town feel is still there. I am happiest in a small town. Having temporarily lived in both the country and city, I find I need a happy medium. The secluded feel of the country, but with a Wal-Mart no more than ten minutes away. :)
 
Your Style:

- How would you describe your style? Eclectic. My inspiration comes from Taylor Swift, Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, Zooey Deschonel, Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, Kate Middleton and Anne Hathaway. I think another way to describe my style is “Classic Rock.” I love the tailored look of the classic style...pencil skirts, blazers, lace, pumps, but every once in awhile, I need a little leather in my life. I even have fake clip-in blue hair that I wear sometimes when I’m feeling funky.

- What is your favorite place to shop? Forever21, H&M, Target, and Thrift Stores.

- Would you say you are better at decorating your room or picking out stylish outfits to wear? Why can’t I be good at both? We don’t own our house, so I am limited as to what I am allowed to do to my room, but I think I have compensated quite well. And I make it a habit to only own cute clothes, that way I never have trouble picking out something cute to wear.

- What is your favorite way to do your hair? Before I cut it all off, my hair went about half-way down my back. I wore it un vintage-style buns all the time. I got so good at it, I could do a complicated bun in ten minutes, and people would ask in awe how I did my hair, and was I available for prom LOL. Now, however, I have it cut to just above my shoulders. I am really favoring the one inch curling iron lately. Easy, relatively quick, but super fancy!

Erin and I at my first prom - 2010
- If you could change your style or physical appearance in any way, what would you choose? I always wanted to be either a heavy rocker, with all black and studs, or a boho look. I look terrible in both, however. For one thing, I think my mom would commit bloody murder if I ever came out of my room looking like a member of Metallica, and I don’t have the right body shape for the hippie look. I have hips, and hips don’t look good in flow-ey peasant skirts and tunics. If I were really thin, with a pretty much straight-up-and-down figure, I think I could pull that off...but I don’t...so I don’t.
 
The Future and Your Beliefs:

- What is the best piece of advice you have ever gotten? To always do my best. Even if I fail at something, I can rest assured that I did everything I could. 

- If you could go back in time and tell yourself something, what time would go to, and what would you tell yourself? I would go back to when I was 11. Bangs are NEVER a good idea.
- Define a "great life". Someone who has a purpose-driven life. I think life would be so dull if I went through it with no idea how I wanted to live it. Also, someone who is passionate for God, and lives every day to it’s fullest extent for him. You don’t have to be a missionary or a great television pastor to live a full life. Just being kind, taking chances and letting Him guide you through will ensure you never have a dull moment!

- What do you want to be when you "grow up"? 
 smileI have many dreams...Wife, Mother, Actor, Singer, President, Entrepeneuer, Fairy Queen,  Time Machine inventor...The list is endless

Erin and I at her Senior prom - 2012

- What do you think is the single best decision you've made so far? To accept God as my Savior. I’ve been living with that decision since I was eight, and I have never once regretted it. I am SO glad I have had God through some of the ups and downs in my life.

- How did you get saved?
I was eight, and was in the car with my dad, on our way home from visiting one of his work friends who had recently had surgery. We were listening to a Christian Talk radio program, and a girl called in with some interesting questions about how you know you’re saved. My Dad asked me if I knew that I was saved, and I said I didn’t, so he pulled over, and we prayed, and I cried.

- What has God taught you recently?
That he has things in control, and I can let go. That’s a lesson He has to teach me a lot.

- What is the biggest struggle you face as a Christian?
I have a very logical mind, so can talk myself into or out of pretty much any situation. So, when I’m praying and I don’t hear a deep voice saying “Child, do this!” I tend to be like “Well, I heard this song today, I think it must have been a sign.” Etc. So I create answers for myself, instead of letting God answer in His own time.

- What do you think are big struggles for other Christians in our world right now? Christians are being persecuted. I don’t mean like in the Middle Ages when heads were cut off and put on stakes in the town, just for fun. People can’t get arrested for their Religious beliefs(at least in America). But we’re still put down for believing in God. We’re told constantly that we have to be tolerant of other people, their culture and beliefs, but we can’t be seen praying in school. If we say that we don’t agree with how a certain group of people live their lives, we are branded as Judgemental and “haters”. God loves the sinner, but hates the sin. That’s not judging, that’s loving them IN SPITE OF their faults.

Relationships with friends and... you know, "relationships"... wink


- What do you love most about your friends?
winkI have very few actual friends. I have people that I know and like, but only a handful of people I could consider friends. We talk about everything. Nothing is off limits. I think that is one of my all-time favorite things about my best friend(You’re reading her blog, you lucky you!) Sometimes, after I’ve had something bottled up inside for so long, it’s good to let it out. And then we laugh about the absurdity of it all and go sing Karaoke.
Abandoned buildings photoshoot w/ my mom

- What is your favorite thing to do with friends?
I love when we get creative, like when we were bored and decided to see how long it would take to make a stop-motion movie.(Almost three hours) or that time we wrote a play about World War 2, and built a house out of cardboard, with grocery bags as curtains, and grass clippings scattered on the floor as our grass. Good times...

- What do you most look for in friendships? The ability to have fun, but also handle the serious stuff too. My best friend and I can go from deep theological discussion to planning how to have an “Emo/Goth” photo shoot, just for fun...all in the same conversation. Also, They need a good sense of fun. Talking, and “hanging out” are all fun in their own right, but that gets boring after awhile. Sometimes I want to build a space ship.

-
How do you feel about relationships during high school? I think that totally depends on the person. I’m not “For” or “Against” dating in High school. I have known people that age with boyfriends/girlfriends who are very mature and responsible. they’re dating, but their not gross, holding hands all the time, and talking gush about each other constantly. They have a real, godly relationship. They respect each other, and have fun. I have also seen relationships fall apart, because they were made for the wrong reasons. He was cute, she wanted a boyfriend, etc. It’s my personal opinion that people should wait until they’re ready to get married, but that’s just because I don’t think I could handle the heartbreak of splitting up with someone I once loved...and doing it over and over again.

- How do you feel about relationships after high school?
I’m all for it. Like I said before, I prefer relationships after high school. At that time in a person’s life, they are starting to think more about their future life. What their going to do in College, if they even want to go to college, etc. At that time, I think people are ready to start contemplating marriage and futures together.

- Do you want to get married someday?
Of course I do! 
- What are some things you would look for/are looking for in a guy (personality/character)? I want to marry a great guy who loves God, has strong ambitions, enjoys being active, and is O.K. with me re-arranging the living room every couple of months. He has to be manly, but romantic. The head of the house and family but loving, and allows me to have a choice in the decisions. We should be equal partners in everything, even if he makes the final decision. He needs a sense of humor. He has structure, but enjoys a little spontineity. He needs to be good with kids. I can’t have a guy that just makes the money, and leaves me to do everything.

- How would your dream guy look? winkOh, I’m so torn. I love blue eyes, but Dark eyes are really nice too. Tall, fit, but not ape-like body builder. Just careful about his health. Hair color doesn’t really matter to me, but I am partial to curly. he needs good style. Nice jeans, some button-down shirts and a blazer will be essentials in his closet, even if I have to buy them for him. Just because he’s a guy is no excuse for him not to dress nice.


Dreams and Crazy Stuff:

- Tell me about something crazy or awesome you did/experienced.
I walk Up the Down escalator. 

- Have you ever met a celebrity? Um...Only Christian Celebs. I met Jump5 and ZoeGirl when I was, like, 11. I don’t even like them anymore, but I was practically in tears when I met them!

- If you could meet any celebrity (living or dead), who would you want to meet?
I want to meet Abe Lincoln. He is my favorite president. I also want to meet Alfred Hitchcock, but only because I want to be in his movies. 
At a baseball game... haha

- Have you ever done something crazy you later regretted? Did I mention the bangs? I almost always regret everything I say when I’m flustered or embarrassed. If you’re a cute boy and I’ve talked to you, I’m pretty much guaranteed to make a fool of myself. And I live with that shame the rest of my life. 

- Tell me about your most embarrassing moment.
It was the very first non-church play I had ever been in. We were at this Cast hang out/Game night, and one of the guys was talking to me, and I honestly don’t remember a single thing I said...

- Where would you like to travel?
All over the United States and the World, specifically Europe, specifically England and Ireland. Also New Zealand and Australia. I wouldn’t mind seeing South America too. Also Space. 

- If you could have any skill/talent, what would it be?
I’d like to have that talent were I can learn anything just by watching once like that girl on Heroes. That would have made Geometry class so much easier!!!

- If you could be on any TV show, which would you choose?
Oh my word. I don’t know. I think any TV show would be fun! I really like to act, so I think just being on TV would do it for me. :)

- If you could star in any movie, which would you choose?
I always wanted to be Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter, Or Alice from Alice in Wonderland, or Jo March. I’ve often wished I were a guy, so I could be Sherlock Holmes.  
- If you could star in any play, which would you choose? Wicked (Elphaba or Galinda), Les Mis (Eponine), Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (Narrator), Fiddler on the Roof (The oldest daughter). Those are my dream roles. 
I think this pretty much sums up our friendship perfectly....




At the beginning of the post I mentioned we liked making movies together... Well, here is our most recent movie: a music video for "Video Killed the Radio Star"! 

1 comment:

  1. This was such an awesome post!!!!!!! You guys are just so adorable and hilarious!!!! :) I love that last picture soo much. :D

    I also loved reading Erin's answers, because I was able to get to know her better thru them.

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete