Saturday, April 27, 2013

So what prom dress did I choose??

In my last post I asked for votes on which prom dress I should wear to prom. Well, after a lot of thinking I chose....

neither! lol

I ended up finding a dress at goodwill (yep, goodwill) for $5.00. It was a little too big for me, but with a little size adjustment and some embellishment, it was ready for prom!

Here's the dress before I did anything to it: (attractive, right?? XD)


(my hair was a MESS the day I bought it... 
just adds to the overall "before-ness" of these pictures, right? lol)

And here's the dress "after"!


I had bought the random sparkly belt at an estate sale for about $1.00 last summer, stuck it in my drawer, and forgot about it.. then remembered it when I was digging through my stuff trying to find something to embellish the dress. It was the perfect little addition. :)

Here are some more pictures from the night... It was an awesome time!

The hall... the prom committee this year did a fantastic job with decorations! The theme was "Victorian Charm", so everything was very pretty and classy. :)

We ate dinner...
(UNFLATTERING DINNER PICTURE... lol)

...they called all the seniors up and announced prom king and queen...

(The lovely Laurel being crowned queen :) )

Then, the moment we had all been waiting for... we danced! 




After that we got some group pictures...



Prom ended at midnight, but we weren't done partying... haha (I always say homeschoolers party extra hard. ;) ) So a few friends and I decided to go out to steak and shake. We didn't get home till about 2:30 or so, but it was a blast! 

The picture above was taken at Steak and Shake at like 2:00 AM... haha

So, quick story... The picture above is of Joel and I... 
I invited Joel awhile back, but he said he couldn't come. Of course, I was disappointed, and as the day got nearer, I kept saying, "Joel, I wish you could come!" So the day of prom, I come downstairs into my livingroom all ready to go... Josh, Heather, Adam, my sister Hannah, Ruth, Allyson are all in there and we're about to take pictures and leave... when all of the sudden, out of my diningroom walks Joel all dressed up for prom. I pretty much just hyperventilated. lol He ended up having to drive my van for me because I was way to wound up to do it! lol Needless to say, that was an awesome moment. :) And I was so glad he came because prom would have not been nearly half as awesome if he wouldn't have. ;)

And then of course, we can't forget another very special friend of mine... 
(left, freshman prom - right, my senior prom. We growed up!)

My lovely best friend forever, Erin, and I! She looked so beautiful, and guess what? She made her own dress! :') So proud!

Overall, an amazing senior prom. In six days I'm graduating from high school... Where has the time gone?! But as Joel says, "Not all good things have to end." Just because I'm not in high school anymore, doesn't mean all good things have ended. Maybe what's ahead is going to be even better! :)

(P.S. Thank you to Laurel, Mrs. E., and Erin for the pictures... I left my camera at home, and it was too dark to get many decent phone pictures, so I am glad someone else documented it for me! lol)
null

1 comment:

  1. You looked beautiful!!!! That belt was the perfect addition for bling! :) And you and Joel... sooo cute!!!! haha

    Love,
    Manda
    http://meandjesus-amanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete